Monday, August 11, 2014

What happened to the Mauritius water park?

Source: http://mauritiusattractions.com/mauritius-water-park-p-97.html

Oh well. Bad things happen. Two people died at the water in around 2013 and investigation purposes they ordered to close the site. However until now there is no news of it reopening. I could not see anyone campaigning against the closure of the water park. Did we really wanted it to close down for ever?

I have been to the water park a few times and it was really fun being there. For little ones who wanted to have some water fun: it was like dreamland and on every holiday they would go there. Most of kids that i saw there were always accompanied by their parents and there were life guards all around. Tourists loved the placed and I hated the days when they had the water park research for a day or two. This happened during weekdays which means I could definitely go on weekends.

We do not have many leisure parks in Mauritius and Le water park is a very  unique attraction in many ways: water slides, pools, Fun Wheel, Car Bumper & Swinger. I really enjoyed the water park and I would sincerely like to see it re-opening. 


1 comment:

  1. The waterpark was a victim of mismanagement and probably, a lack of vision too, without forgetting the risks of going bankrup. I wonder what happened to the inquiries going on for the 2 death cases there.

    One thing for sure : After some months following its opening, lack of maintenance was clearly visible at several places. I don't know what it looks like today but probably, nothing much from an abandoned area and I won't be surprised if ever someday we hear about crimes or drug deals going on there.

    ReplyDelete